COVID-19 Policies & Procedures
The safety and well-being of the artists, volunteers and patrons are of utmost importance and remains the highest priority of both The Nebraska Communities Playhouse (NCP) and The STAGE Theater. As we continue to navigate the pandemic and the novel coronavirus COVID-19, NCP and The STAGE wish to remain transparent and inform you of the policies and procedures implemented to safeguard the health of those visiting, rehearsing/performing or seeing a production at The Nebraska Communities Playhouse.
NCP has implemented the following sanitation procedures and safety protocols for audiences and volunteers, which The STAGE Theater will adhere to for all productions and performances. All efforts have been coordinated with and approved by the Lancaster County Health Department.
New Guidelines for Audience Members and Volunteers
- Face masks/shields are REQUIRED attire for all actors, volunteers and patrons and must be worn properly in accordance with CDC guidelines - covering both the nose and mouth. NCP will not be accommodating any exceptions. Disposable face masks will be made available at the box office.
- All artists/volunteers/patrons of NCP events and performances of STAGE Theater productions are required to self-screen for a fever and symptoms of illness prior to arriving. For a list of COVID-19 related symptoms, please visit: COVID-19 • CDC Symptoms. Those experiencing a fever or other symptoms of illness are respectfully asked to not attend. If tickets have been purchased, you may request a refund or exchange your tickets for on-line at-home streaming access of the production. More information to come!
- Physical distancing of at least a minimum of six feet is to be observed at all times.
- Plexi-Glass is being installed in the lobby areas to minimize contact between patrons and the Box Office Volunteer Staff.
- At this time, productions will not have an intermission and no concessions will be served.
- The Box Office will open 30 minutes prior to show-time (7PM Thursday/Friday/Saturday performances) and 130PM (Sunday Matinée performances). Upon arrival, NCP asks that you maintain 6ft. spatial distance from other guests/volunteers. You will be given a map to your seat. Once seated, we ask that you remain seated at all times. Please do not touch any other seat you will not occupy and do not change seats. All seating is assigned to ensure safe & proper spatial distancing.
- Playbills are offered digitally and will be made available on The STAGE Theater's website: www.thestagetheater.com.
- At the conclusion of the performance, NCP asks that all patrons remain seated and wait until your group is dismissed by an usher. Ushers will be dismissing those closest to the exit first in order to maintain safe spatial distancing.
- Upon dismissal, NCP asks that you promptly exit the building. Please do not gather in lobbies or other common areas.
- To avoid and minimize contact, The STAGE Theater will no longer be hosting post-show meet-and greets with our casts on-stage. If you enjoyed the performance and wish to share your experience, we encourage you to do so via e-mail @ email@example.com or on The STAGE Theater Facebook Page.
- Patrons are encouraged to purchase tickets and make payment in advance to minimize contact.
- Tickets will be E-MAILED at the time of purchase, including an order confirmation number. You may print off your tickets for admission, or present your confirmation e-mail on your mobile device upon arrival.
- Hand sanitizing stations are located at convenient points throughout the facility.
- Restrooms are monitored for social distancing and the area is sanitized regularly.
- All theatre audience spaces/backstage areas are wiped down and disinfected after each use (rehearsals and/or performances).
- Seating for performances will be conducted with proper spatially distanced arrangements implemented.
The Nebraska Communities Playhouse and The STAGE Theater both thank you for your understanding and cooperation in adhering to all implemented COVID-19 related policies & procedures. Please know that these are enforced for the safety of the artists, volunteers, patrons and all members of our community. Please continue to take care of yourselves, your loved ones and neighbors. Stay safe. Stay healthy. We remain in this together.